Nutritional Therapy Programme
Free for Central Camden PCN's eligible patients
We are pleased to introduce our two Healthy Eating Advisors (HEA) for Central Camden Primary Care Network (PCN), Kaz Mandikate and Therese Conlon-Barratt. They are both Nutritional Therapists registered with BANT (British Associate for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine) and the CNHC (Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council).
The aim of the nutritionists sessions is to make patients feel more confident in knowing which foods are good for you, and they will help you to see the benefits of a healthy and balanced diet. By encouraging healthy eating amongst children and adults we can tackle obesity and the many health conditions that it could land you with.
Some of the benefits of having a healthy diet and an and active lifestyle include:
- Preventing type 2 diabetes
- Preventing heart problems
- Improving mental health
- Increasing energy levels
We have introduced our HEA programme to encourage patients to engage with healthy eating and to improve their health outcomes.
Who is eligible?
- Patients who need to lose or gain weight
- Patients who suffer from high cholesterol
- Patients who have high blood pressure
- Patients who have IBS or IBD
- Patients who suffer from chronic fatigue
- Pre-diabetic patients
- Patients must be 18 or over and registered at a Central Camden PCN GP practice
If you are eligible for the programme, you will be asked to complete a Nutrition Questionnaire, this will need to be returned two days before your first session.
If you think you are eligible, or are interested in the programme, please contact your registered GP Practice.
The plan and interaction with the nutritionist will look something like this:
- Initial 1-2-1 consultation held on Microsoft Teams or face-to-face (1 hour)
- 1st follow up telephone consultation (45 mins)
- 2nd follow up telephone consultation (15 mins)
- Final 1-2-1 consultation held on Microsoft Teams or face-to-face (1 hour)
If you would like a face-to-face appointment, it will take place at: The Living Centre, 2 Ossulston Street, NW1 1DF
If you do not have a mobile number or are unable to access the online booking system, a member of the PCN team will call you to book an appointment.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.