Free Nutritional Therapy Programme for Central Camden PCN's eligible patients
We are pleased to introduce our Healthy Eating Advisor (HEA) for Central Camden Primary Care Network (PCN), Kaz Mandikate.
Kaz is a Nutritional Therapist registered with BANT (British Associate for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine) and the CNHC (Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council). He also holds a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Science.
The aim of Kaz’s sessions is to make patients feel more confident in knowing which foods are good for you, and he will help you to see the benefits of a healthy and balanced diet. By encouraging healthy eating amongst children and adults we can tackle obesity and the many health conditions that it could land you with.
Some of the benefits of having a healthy diet and an and active lifestyle include:
- Preventing type 2 diabetes
- Preventing heart problems
- Improving mental health
- Increasing energy levels
We have introduced our HEA programme to encourage patients to engage with healthy eating and to improve their health outcomes.
Who is eligible?
- Patients who need to lose or gain weight
- Patients who suffer from high cholesterol
- Patients who have high blood pressure
- Patients who have IBS or IBD
- Patients who suffer from chronic fatigue
- Pre-diabetic patients
- Patients must be 18 or over and registered at a Central Camden PCN GP practice
The plan and interaction with Kaz will look something like this:
- Initial 1-2-1 consultation (this will be held over Zoom/Teams for now) (1 hour)
- Healthy eating store/farmer’s market tour (45 mins)
- 1st follow up telephone consultation (45 mins)
- 2nd follow up telephone consultation (15 mins)
- 3rd follow up 1-2-1 consultation (Zoom/Teams) (45 mins)
If you are eligible for the programme, you will be asked to complete a Nutrition Questionnaire, this will need to be returned two days before your first session.
If you think you are eligible and are interested in the programme, please contact your GP.